Thane Real Estate among top 20 in the world where the rich want to invest
According to a recent wealth report from property consultancy Knight Frank, based on a survey of the world’s richest people across the globe, India will see a 150 percent jump in ultra-high networth individuals in next 10 years.India witnessed a 12 percent increase of ultra-high-networth individuals (UHNWIs) between 2015 and 2016. The survey is based on responses from about 900 of the world’s leading private bankers and wealth advisors.The definition of an UHNWI for the report has been pegged at $30 million or more in net assets. According to the report, Mumbai ranks 21st in the city wealth indexwith around 1,340 ultra-rich individuals,ahead of cities such as Toronto, Washington DC, Moscow, Bangkok and Seattle.
Office property is seen as a top sector for investmentand the logistics sector is also seen to be an interesting investment opportunity for wealthy Indians.At least 40 percent of the wealthy said they are likely to invest in residential property in India in the next two years, while 25 percent said it would beoverseas.The report also mentions Thane (Majiwada-Kasarvadavali) as one of the 20 ‘hotspot neighbourhoods’ in the world which are expected to outperform the property markets, based on parameters like strong infrastructure and job opportunities. These could result in improved property prices, and, in turn, investment value. The other regions include Mayfair (London), Dubai, Randwick (Sydney), West Aspen, Lower east side (Manhattan), Hancock Park, Los Angeles and Kamogawa region (Kyoto).
Thane, with its superior infrastructure and overall connectivity, is becoming an attractive and the most preferred destination for investments in real estatefor the rich people. Compared to Mumbai, people can get bigger houses in Thanewith all the modern amenities in place. As far as investors are concerned, they get far better returns compared to the Mumbai realty market. The proposed Metro to Thane and a slew of other infrastructure projectshas alsopushed up the growth of real estatein Thane.
Thane is emerging as one of the best alternatives for people who want to enjoy a luxurious life in close vicinity of Mumbai city.
Other key features that are attracting buyers to invest in Thane projects include:
1. It is blessed with abundant natural beauty in terms of green mountain ranges and is dotted with magnificent creeks and other natural water bodies. Because of which it offers clean, green and open pollution-free environment.
2. A massive push in infrastructure projects by the government to propel it towards being a Smart City.
3. Thane enjoys superb connectivity to Navi Mumbai as well as to the Eastern and Western Suburbs of Mumbai via Ghodbunder Road, JVLR, SCLR, Eastern Freeway, NH 8, Mumbai-Nashik Highway and the Thane-Belapur Road. Besides, the Central Harbour Rail Line, Thane-Panvel Rail Line and Central Railways connect Thane to Mumbai’s railway network.
Future connectivity plans include the proposed metro rail that would run along the Ghodbunder Road with more than 10 halts within Thane itself. With the metro, the travel time between Thane and Wadala is expected to reduce by half. Other infrastructural developments on the cards include construction of the Thane-Diva Road, the flyover at Bhiwandi bypass, metro-3 project to Kalyan and Mira – Bhayander areas and parallel roads from Thane to Kalyan along the metro line.
1. Big malls and popular multiplexes like Korum, Viviana, Cinemax, and Lake City Mall are working as big attractions for investors
2. Reputed schools and colleges are present surrounding the city
3. Thane itself boasts of many 4 and 5 star recreation clubs, flanked by scenic surroundings. The Blue Roof Club, Ovala on Ghodbunder Road, The Golden Swan Club in Yeoor, Pokhran and United-21, four star hotel cum family club.Amusement parks, clubs, resorts and restaurants for quality entertainment and leisure facilities
4. Thane is enjoying significant capital appreciation in real estate prices. Burgeoning demand due to great connectivity and increasing corporate presence, the future is set to witness robust capital appreciation in Thane. Property values have increased by 30-32 per cent in the past few years. Rental growth in Thane West and Eastern suburbs are rising at a rate of 5% YoY
Thane has thus emerged as the most preferred market of Residential Real Estate and Commercial Real Estate.Its no wonder that Thane Real Estate among top 20 in the world where the rich want to invest